HIV/AIDS has been with us for over 3 decades. For frontline health care professionals, doctors in particular, a practice manual is much needed as a handy reference when managing a patient or suspected person with HIV infection.
This Manual is the third edition involving the contribution of 32 reviewer-authors drawn from The Chinese University of Hong Kong, The University of Hong Kong, Department of Health Integrated Treatment Centre, Social Hygiene Service and Tuberculosis and Chest Service, as well as three HIV services under Hospital Authority – Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, and Prince of Wales Hospital.
- Chapters are grouped under 6 sections – basics of HIV medicine, public health management, clinical management, opportunistic and concurrent infections, neoplasia, Special settings & the community.
- Algorithms continue to be a key component in many chapters.
- References are linked to the sources.
- Link to interactive tool giving useful information of each registered antiretroviral compound, from its basic characteristics, formulation, dosage to side effects and cautions for prescribing doctors.
- All important local guidelines on HIV management are appendiced. This is important for frontline professionals as a one-stop resource when it comes to HIV management.
- An HIV/AIDS Report form can be downloaded.
- Local perspective to HIV management.
- Also useful to students in medicine, nursing, public health and other health care subjects.
Editor and Project Coordinator
Shui Shan LEE
Stanley Ho Centre for Emerging Infectious Diseases, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
線上24小時玩HIV Manual Third Edition APP免費
下載醫療APP-在線上免費玩HIV Manual Third Edition APP