Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary - the definitive guide to contemporary pronunciation for British and American English, with audio pronunciations and helpful language learning features. Preview the full wordlist and sample entries before buying.
This app allows you to quickly and easily navigate and try out the dictionary, as well as experience some of the search and learning features. You can check that the dictionary is appropriate for your language level and contains all the words you need, before you buy. The full version of the Cambridge English Pronouncing Dictionary is available as an in-app purchase.
More dictionaries coming soon!
• British and American English audio pronunciations, recorded by native speakers of English.
• Favourites - to help you quickly access frequently searched words.
• Search History to revise your recent searches.
Search and navigation features:
• Full text search feature allows you to look up words more efficiently throughout the whole dictionary, including headwords and usage examples.
• PenReader multilingual handwriting recognition support.
• Search by voice using Google Voice recognition service (Available for OS 2.2 and higher) or take a picture of the text and get definition of words with Google Goggles.
• List of similar words in case of misspelling.
• Wildcard Search if you are unsure of the exact word spelling. Use “?” and “*” symbols to replace the missing letters.
• Easy copy-and-paste functions and the Share button feature (Available for OS 4.0 and higher) allow to copy unknown words from an active application, like web browsers or email, and automatically to open the relevant dictionary entry.
• Use the Share button to send copied text to the dictionary directly and get the definition in one click! (Available for OS 4.0 and higher).
• English morphology module helps to find words in any grammatical form.
• Search for anagrams (e.g. tab-bat).
• Hyperlinks between articles.
• Built-in dictionary catalogue for in-app purchases.
• Dictionary installation on SD card (Available for OS 2.2 and higher).
• Search History feature shows the last 100 words looked up.
• Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
• Flexible font size settings for your comfort.
• No Internet connection required.
Cambridge University Press is a world-leading publisher of English learning materials. Expert authors write all of the content in our apps.
線上24小時玩Cambridge Dictionaries APP免費
下載書籍APP-在線上免費玩Cambridge Dictionaries APP